Macmillan believe that a long-term funding plan for the NHS must:
- Provide high quality, patient-centred care that is fit for future demands, by ensuring we have the right number of staff with the right skills and utilising advances in technology.
- Transform cancer services to provide world class care by delivering commitments already made and making ambitious new ones.
- Support people to manage cancer as a long-term condition by ensuring funding is used sustainably and responds to changes in society.
- Improve the quality of life for people living with cancer by delivering care that is personalised and coordinated across services including social care.
- Ensure that the quality of a patient’s care is determined by need and not who they are, what they earn or where they live.